New light flares have been a big change that was worthy of its own dedicated blog post and you can take a look at it here.
We're looking forward to what modders have in store for our latest Open
Beta, we're sure it will be amazing as usual. One of the reasons for
providing early access to
our betas is to make sure that modders can
test-drive their creations and adapt to any new stuff or technology
changes before the final official update hits the servers.
- Background screen options
- Changed light flares on the player and AI vehicles
- Auxiliary brakes system support (engine brake and retarder in one control element)
- Fixed licence plate change in states/countries where no city formats exist
- Fixed brake vs parking brake behavior
- Fixed tire noise of silent tires
- Retarder improvement (better cruise control behavior, no braking with throttle, icon when moving only)
- Steam Inventory support to allow for distributing rewards from upcoming World of Trucks events
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version
in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows:
Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 →
Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.28 public beta. No password
During open betas, there is a dedicated beta site for World of Trucks,
which is used to safely test all new features.
Please visit World of
Trucks Open Beta web for more information. Also check our modding wiki
too to get details pertaining to mods for the game.
Just as with the previous Open Beta releases - please keep in mind that
this is still only a beta version of the update! You may experience
instability and/or bugs and kinks. It’s completely okay if you want to
wait for the final release.
But if you are interested in providing
feedback at this stage, be sure to let us know on our forum
, you can join the discussion here
and report bugs here
. We appreciate all your feedback immensely.